Importing To Amazon - Do I Need An EIN Tax ID Number Or Can I Use ABN / ACN
Posted by Live Now Education G Support Team on 17 January 2018 11:07 AM

An EIN (Employer Identification Number) which is also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, is a unique nine-digit number assigned to business entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification and is very similar to a ABN or ACN in Australia.

When selling on Amazon, there are no requirements for you to have an EIN if your business is registered in Australia, and your profits will be coming back to an Australian bank account etc.

If your freight forwarder or supplier is asking for an EIN, simply let them know that we don't have EIN's in Australia and because your business is registered here they should be fine to accept an ABN or ACN instead.

Comments (0)
Post a new comment
Full Name:
CAPTCHA Verification 
Please enter the text you see in the image into the textbox below (we use this to prevent automated submissions).